This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Bayview Weymouth
Situated in the Seaside town of Weymouth the Bayview Hotel is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure. Located opposite the beach, or a 2 minute walk from the town centre. The Bayview Hotel is situated on a flat road.
We offer 8 bedrooms, one of which is on the ground floor with an en- suite level entry shower.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01305 782083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is DT4 8DH to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Weymouth, which is 0.5 miles away (a 10-15 minute walk). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance.
- The nearest bus stop is 500m/546yds from the BayView Hotel – ask the driver for the Kings Statue Stop. There is limited shelter & seating. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair.
- The pavement on the street leading to the Bay View Hotel is paved.
- There is a local company which supplies equipment that can be hired.
- Car Parking and Arrival
- There is 8 parking space in the garage approximately 1/4 mile down the road.
- On street parking is available, this can be busy during the day from 8am, but spaces are usually available after 4pm. There is street lighting but it is not very bright.You will need a permit for the on street parking which are only available subject to availability.
- There are 6 steps to the front door with wrought iron handrails on both sides.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available with 2 upright chairs, both without arms.
- The flooring is carpeted.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting.
- Pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- Guests are shown the guest lounge, and their bedroom.
- There is 1 bedrooms on the ground floor, with step free level access from the front door.
- On the first floor there is 2 rooms that are reached by stairs only.
- On the Second floor there is 2 rooms that are reached by stairs only.
- On the third floor there is 3 rooms that are reached by stairs only.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit.
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using ceiling lights.
- There is short pile carpet on the stairs, hall and landing.
Public Areas – Lounge
- The guest lounge is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.